RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022 Pre & Mains
RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022: RPSC has released Latest RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022 In Hindi & English on its official website. Candidates who want to apply for Rajasthan State and Subordinate Combined Competitive Examination can download RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022 from this page In Hindi & English for Prelims.
If you are interested in Hindi medium then you can also download RPSC RAS Syllabus PDF and check RAS Syllabus in Hindi. RPSC has released RAS Prelims Syllabus in HINDI and ENGLISH.
RAS Syllabus 2022 Important Links
|RPSC RAS Official Website||Open|
|RPSC RAS Syllabus in Hindi||Download|
|RPSC RAS Syllabus in English||Download|
|RPSC RAS Exam Date Notification||Download|
RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022
The details for RPSC RAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern has been mentioned in the below table at a glance.
|Name of Examination||RPSC RAS Exam 2022|
|Type of Exam||• Preliminary – Objective type|
• Mains – Descriptive/Analytical
|RPSC RAS 2022 Exam Date||To be notified soon|
|Duration of Exam||• Preliminary – 3 hours|
• Mains – 3 hours each paper
|Language of RPSC RAS Exam||• English|
|Maximum Marks (Online Exam)||• Preliminary – 200|
• Mains – 200 for each paper
|Category||RPSC RAS Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Rajasthan State & Subordinate Services Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2021
Scheme of Examination & Syllabus, 2021
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
RPSC RAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
|General Knowledge and General Science||200||3 Hours|
- There will be 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks.
- There will be negative marking.1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
RPSC RAS Prelims Syllabus 2022
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Pre-historical sites of Rajasthan- from Palaeolithic to Chalcolithic and Bronze Age.
- Historical Rajasthan: Important historical centres of Early Christian Era. Society, Religion and Culture in Ancient Rajasthan.
- Political and Cultural achievements of prominent rulers of major dynasties – Guhila, Pratihar, Chauhan, Parmar, Rathore, Sisodiya and Kachchawa. Administrative and Revenue System in Medieval Rajasthan.
- Emergence of Modern Rajasthan: Agents of Social Awakening in Rajasthan during 19th – 20th Centuries. Political Awakening: role of newspapers and political institutions. Tribal and Peasant movements in 20th century, Praja Mandal movements in various princely states during 20th century. Integration of Rajasthan.
- Architectural Tradition of Rajasthan- temples, forts, palaces and man- made water bodies; Various schools of paintings and handicrafts.
- Performing Art: Classical Music and Classical Dance; Folk Music & Instruments; Folk Dances & Drama.
- Language & Literature: Dialects of Rajasthani Language. Literature of Rajasthani language and Folk literature.
- Religious Life: Religious Communities, Saints and Sects in Rajasthan. Folk Deities of Rajasthan.
- Social Life in Rajasthan: Fairs and festivals; Social customs and traditions; attires and ornaments.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Ancient & Medieval Period:
- Cultural Foundations of India – Indus and Vedic Age; Renunciatory tradition and new religious ideas of 6th Century BC- Ajivakas, Buddhism and Jainism.
- Achievements of prominent rulers of major dynasties: Maurya, Kushan, Satavahan, Gupta, Chalukya, Pallava and Chola.
- Art and Architecture in Ancient India.
- Development of Language and Literature in Ancient India: Sanskrit, Prakrit and Tamil.
- Sultanate Period: Achievements of prominent Sultanate Rulers. Cultural achievements of Vijaynagar.
- Mughal Period: Political challenges and reconciliation- Afghan, Rajput, Deccan States & Maratha.
- Development of Art & Architecture, Paintings and Music during medieval period.
- Religious & Literary contribution of Bhakti & Sufi movement.
Modern Period (from early 19th century to 1964):
- Evolution of Modern India & Emergence of Nationalism: Intellectual awakening; Press; Western education. Socio- religious reforms during 19th century: various leaders and institutions.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages, streams and important contributors, contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence Nation Building: The linguistic reorganisation of the states, Institutional building during Nehruvian age, Development of science and technology.
Geography of World and India
- Major Landforms-Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & Deserts.
- Major Rivers & Lakes.
- Types of Agriculture.
- Major Industrial Regions.
- Environmental Issues- Desertification, Deforestation, Climate Change & Global Warming, Ozone Layer Depletion.
Geography of India:
- Major Landforms- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains.
- Mechanism of Monsoon & Rainfall distribution.
- Major Rivers & Lakes.
- Major Crops- Wheat, Rice, Cotton, Sugarcane, Tea & Coffee.
- Major Minerals- Iron ore, Manganese, Bauxite, Mica.
- Power Resources- Conventional & Non-Conventional.
- Major Industrial Regions.
- National Highways & Major Transport Corridors.
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
Indian Constitution: Philosophical Postulates:
- Constituent Assembly, Salient features of Indian Constitution, Constitutional Amendments.
- Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
Indian Political System:
- President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament, Supreme Court & Judicial Review.
- Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General, NITI Aayog, Central Vigilance Commission, Lokpal, Central Information Commission, National Human Rights Commission.
- Federalism, Democratic Politics in India, Coalition Governments, National Integration.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
State Political System:
- Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court.
- District Administration, Local Self Government, Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
Public Policy & Rights:
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen’s Charter.
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Basic Concepts of Economics:
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, Goods and Service Tax, National Income, Growth and Development.
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration.
- Stock Exchange and Share Market.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System.
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism.
Economic Development & Planning
- Major Sectors of Economy: – Current Status, Issues & Initiatives of Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade sectors.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
Human Resource and Economic Development
- Human Development Index.
- Happiness Index.
- Poverty and Unemployment: – Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment
- Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Major Welfare Schemes of State Government for SC/ST/Backward Classes / Minorities / Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers.
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Defence Technology, Space Technology and Satellites.
- Nanotechnology, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Food and Nutrition, Blood Groups and Rh Factor.
- Health care; Infectious, Non-Infectious and Zoonotic diseases.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and their Impact.
- Biodiversity, Conservation of Natural Resources and Sustainable Development.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology with special reference to Rajasthan.
SEE THIS –
- RPSC Previous Year Paper With Answer Key
- RPSC RAS Syllabus 2022 Download PDF
- Rajasthan Art And Culture Book PDF
- RBSC Class 10 English Grammar Book PDF 2022
Reasoning & Mental Ability
Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions.
- Statement and Argument.
- Statements and Conclusion.
- Statement and Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Number /Letter sequences.
- Problems related to Relations.
- Direction sense test.
- Logical Venn diagram.
- Mirror / Water images.
- Shapes and their sub sections.
- Ratio, Proportion and Partnership.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Perimeter and Area of Plane figures.
- Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
- Mean(Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic), Median and Mode.
- Permutation and Combination.
- Probability (Simple Problems).
- Major Current Events and Issues of Rajasthan, India and International Importance.
- Persons, Places and Institutions in News.
- Games and Sports related activities.
RPSC RAS Mains Exam Pattern Syllabus
The candidates who qualify prelims exam are eligible to appear for the mains exam. The number of candidates will be based on 15 times the number of total vacancy.
- The Mains Exam will be a descriptive type paper.
- There will be 4 papers and all papers are compulsory to be attempted.
- The difficulty level of GS Papers will be of graduation level. However, the difficulty level of General English and General Hindi will be of a higher secondary level.
- The marks obtained in Mains Exam will be counted in preparing the merit list.
- The time duration will be 3 Hours.
- There Will be 1/3 (-0.33) Negative Marking.
- There will be 2 Short Questions, 5 Medium Questions, and 10 Long Questions.
RPSC RAS Mains Exam Pattern 2022
|RPSC RAS Mains Paper||Total Marks||Total Time|
|Paper-1: General Studies-I||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-2: General Studies-II||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-3: General Studies-III||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-4: General Hindi & General English||200 Marks||3 Hours|
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus 2022
The RPSC RAS Mains exam syllabus is very vast. The detailed paper-wise and unit-wise syllabus for the RPSC RAS Mains exam are elaborated on below.
Paper-I General Knowledge and General Studies Syllabus
RPSC RAS Mains Paper-I has been divided into 3 sections: History, Economics, and Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing. The candidates can prepare well from the below-detailed topics for Paper-I.
Unit-I History Syllabus
Part A: History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Prehistoric time to close of 18th Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system
- Salient events of the 19th & 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political Awakening, Freedom Movement, and Integration
- Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan
- Saints, Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Part B: Indian History & Culture of Indian heritage
- Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era
- Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India
- History of Modern India from the beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities, and issues
- Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country
- Socio-religious Reform Movements in the 19th and 20th Century
- Post Independence consolidation and reorganization – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganization of the states
Part C: History of Modern World (up to 1950 AD)
- Renaissance and Reformation
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution
- Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa
- Impact of World Wars
Unit-II Economics Syllabus
Part A: Indian Economy
- Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status, Issues, and Initiatives
- Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial
- Inclusion. Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments
- Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash Transfer and other related issues. Recent Fiscal Policy of India
- Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, PDS, FDI, Exim Policy, 12th Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes
Part B: World Economy Global Economic issues and trends
- Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO
- Concept of Developing, Emerging, and Developed countries
- India in global Scenario
Part C: Economy of Rajasthan
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy, and Animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan
- Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends. Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan
- Recent development and issues in the service sector of Rajasthan
- Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact
- Public-Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan
- Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy
Unit-III Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing Syllabus
Part A: Sociology
- Development of Sociological Thought in India
- Social Values
- Caste Class & Occupation
- Varna, Ashram, Purusharth and Sanskar Vyavastha
- Secularism Issues and Problems of Society
- Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena), and Garasia
Part B: Management
- Management – Scope, concept, functions of Management – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control
- Decision-Making: concept, process, and techniques
- The modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix – Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Objective, the concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and Long term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
- Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication, Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development and appraisal system
Part C: Business Administration
- Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital Management, Responsibility and Social Accounting
- Meaning & Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance, and Efficiency Audit
- Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control
Paper-II General Knowledge and General Studies Syllabus
RPSC RAS Mains Paper-II has been divided into 4 units: Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and Basic Numeracy, General Science & Technology, Earth Science, and Earth Science (Geography & Geology). Read the unit-wise topics from below sections.
Unit-I Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and Basic Numeracy Syllabus
- Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive): Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action
- Analytical Reasoning
- Mental Ability: Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes, and their sub-sections
- Basic Numeracy: Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio, and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart)
Unit-II General Science & Technology Syllabus
- Motion, laws of motion, work energy and power, rotational motion, simple harmonic motion, gravitation, waves
- Properties of matter, electrostatics, current electricity, moving charge and magnetism
- Ray optics, Nuclear physics, semiconductor devices
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems , basics of computers, use of information technology in administration, e-governance and e- commerce, contributions of Indian scientists in the development of science
- States of matter, Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure, equilibriums
- Thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, solid state, solutions, electro chemistry, Chemical kinetics
- Characteristic feature of life
- Nutrition in organisms
- Principal of inheritance and variation
- Human health and diseases
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Ecosystems Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan
Unit-III Earth Science Syllabus
- Ethics and Human Values: Lesson from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators
- Role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values
- Ethical concept-Rit and Rin, the concept of Duties, the concept of Good and Virtues
- Ethics in private and public relationships- Behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes of administrators – Philosophical basis of Integrity
- Ethics of Bhagavad Geeta and its role in Administration
- Gandhian Ethics
- Contribution of Moral Thinkers and Philosophers from India & World
- Psycho-Stress Management
- Case Studies
- Emotional Intelligence – Concepts and their Utilities
Unit-IV Earth Science (Geography & Geology) Syllabus
Part A: World
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution, and their impact Earth and its Geological time scale
- Current Geopolitical Problems
Part B: India
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes, and Glaciers
- Major Physiographic divisions of India
- Climate- Origin of Monsoon, Seasonal Climatic conditions, Distribution of rainfall and climatic regions
- Natural Resources: Water, Forest, Soil
- Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population: Growth, Distribution and Density, Sex-ratio, Literacy, urban and Rural Population
Part C: Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, and Lakes
- Major Physiographic Regions
- Natural Vegetation and Climate
- Livestock, Wildlife, and its Conversation
- Agriculture- Major Crops
- Mineral Resources
- Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution, and Industrial uses and conservation
- Non-Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution, and Industrial uses and their conservation.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional Population and Tribes
Paper-III General Knowledge and General Studies Syllabus
RPSC RAS Mains Paper-III has been divided into three units- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs, Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management, Administrative Ethics, Behaviour, and Law. Below we have provided detailed syllabus for Paper-III.
Unit-I Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs Syllabus
- Indian Constitution
- Ideological Contents: Institutional framework- I, Institutional Framework- II, Institutional Framework- III
- Political Dynamics
- State Politics of Rajasthan
- Emerging World Order in the post-Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, International Terrorism, and Environmental issues
- Foreign Policy of India
- Geo-political and Strategic development in South Asia, South East Asia, and West Asia and their impact on India
- Current Affairs
Unit-II Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management Syllabus
- Administration and management: Meaning, nature, and significance. Its role in developed & developing societies. Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline, new public administration, Theories of public administration
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility, and delegation
- Principles of organization: Hierarchy, Span of control and unity of command
- Functions of management, Corporate governance, and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change
- Attitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non-partisanship, dedication to public service, the relationship between generalists and specialists
- Legislative & Judicial control over administration: various methods and techniques of legislative & judicial control
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister, Council of Ministers, State Secretariat, and Chief Secretary
- District administration: organization, the role of District Collector and Superintendent of Police, Sub-divisional, and Tehsil administration
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope, and Characteristics
- State Human Rights Commission, State Election Commission, Lokayukta, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Public Service Guarantee Act, 2011
Unit-III Administrative Ethics, Behaviour, and Law Syllabus
Part A: Administrative Ethics
- Dimensions of Ethics
- Administrative Ethics
- Ethics in Private and Public Relationships
Part A: Behaviour
- Learning and Motivation
- Meeting Life Changes: Stress
Part A: Law
- Concepts of Law
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Important Land Laws in Rajasthan
- Crimes against Women and Children
Paper-IV General Hindi and General English Syllabus
RPSC RAS Mains Paper-IV consist of English and Hindi language. The difficulty level of this paper will be based on senior secondary level. This paper will be divided into three parts namely: Grammar and Usage, Comprehension, Translation, and Precis Writing, Composition & Letter Writing
Part A: Grammar and Usage
- Correction of Sentences: 10 sentences for correction with errors related to Articles & Determiners
- Tenses & Sequence of Tenses
- Voice- Active & Passive
- Narration- Direct & Indirect
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Phrasal Verbs & Idioms
- One Word Substitute
- Words often Confused or Misused
Part B: Comprehension, Translation, and Precis Writing
- Comprehension of an Unseen Passage (250 Words approximately) and 05 Questions based on the passage, Question No. 05 should preferably be on vocabulary
- Translation of five sentences from Hindi to English
- Precis Writing (a short passage of approximately 150-200 words)
Part C: Composition & Letter Writing
- Paragraph Writing- Any 01 paragraph out of 03 given topics (approximately 200 words)
- Elaboration of a given theme (Any 1 out of 3, approximately 150 words)
- Letter Writing or Report Writing (approximately 150 words)
RPSC RAS Interview 2022
Only the candidates who qualify RPSC RAS Mains Exam will be called for interview round. The RPSC RAS Interview/Personality test consists of 100 Marks in total.
SEE THIS –
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2022
- HPSC ADO Recruitment 2022
- UP NHM Recruitment 2022
- UP Scholarship Status 2021-22
- Delhi Police Driver Vacancy 2022
- DSSSB Recruitment 2022
If you would like to ask some more questions related to RAS Syllabus In Hindi & English, you can ask by commenting. Here our team member will reply to you as soon as possible. For more information about all RAS Syllabus In Hindi & English visit our web page GovtJobCenter.In.
SEE THIS –
- Pre DELED Question Paper 2021 PDF Download
- BSTC Question Paper 2029 PDF Download
- SSC Stenographer Question Paper 2019
- SSC Stenographer Question Paper 2021
- TN PC Question Paper 2020 PDF Download
- UP Police Paper 2018 PDF Download
- PSSSB Question Paper 2021
- Railway Group D Question Paper 2018 PDF
- Rajasthan 9th Class Time Table 2022