GK Questions With Answers In English
GK Questions With Answers In English: Today general knowledge is mandatory for all types of competitive exams. Many important general knowledge questions are listed here. Must read to increase your general knowledge.
General knowledge and current affairs are always there to enhance our knowledge. We read it for entertainment, or study it for education, both ways increase our knowledge. In such situations today we have brought you some general knowledge questions and answers, which will entertain you as well as increase your knowledge level. So let’s start, read till the end.
GK Questions With Answers In English
1. Who is the first Indian to win a Nobel Prize?
Ans: Rabindranath Tagore
2. Who was the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Olympics?
Ans: Karnam Malleswari
3. What is the name of the oldest known civilization found in the Indian subcontinent?
Ans: Indus Valley Civilisation
4. Who is the first Indian woman to become a botanist? This person also made sugarcanes taste sweeter.
Ans: Janaki Ammal
5. Who was the first Indian woman to win the Ashoka Chakra?
Ans: Neerja Bhanot
6. Who is known as the missile woman of India?
Ans: Tessy Thomas
7. In which century did the use of the Charkha (spinning wheel) become common in India?
Ans: 14th Century AD
8. In which year did the massacre of Jallianwala Bagh occur?
9. How many years did it take to build the Taj Mahal?
Ans: 20 years
10. Apart from Homo Sapiens, which are the other two species under the genus ‘Homo’?
Ans: Homo habilis and Homo erectus
11. Who designed the periodic table?
Ans: Dmitri Mendeleev
12. What is the highest temperature that mercury thermometers can measure?
Ans: 360-degree celsius
13. Which metal is used to make the filament of the electric bulb?
14. How many kilometers are there in a light-year?
Ans: 94,60,73,00,00,000 km
15. In which Indian state is the world’s longest sandstone cave located?
Ans: Krem Puri in Meghalaya
16. In which book does the fictional town of ‘Malgudi’ first find a mention?
Ans: Swami and Friends
17. During which century did the famous poet Kabir live?
Ans: 15th century AD
18. Which Indian authors have won the Man Booker Prize?
Ans: V S Naipaul, Salman Rushdie, Arundhati Roy, Kiran Desai and Aravind Adiga
History GK Questions With Answers In English
1. In the Vedic society, which was the term used to denote a group of families?
2. What was the script used in the earliest Tamil inscriptions?
3. Which ports handled the north Indian trade during the Gupta period?
4. Which Tomar ruler is credited to have established Delhi?
5. Who was the Sultan of Delhi who is reputed to have built the biggest network of canals in India?
Ans: Feroze Shan Tughlaq
6. Which school of paintings developed independently during the Mughal Period?
Ans: The Bijapur School
7. Which ‘Englishmen was fellow of Gandhiji in South Africa?
8. Who com merited that Cripps Mission was a postdated cheque on a crashing bank?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
9. At which one place did Mahatma Gandhi first start his Satyagraha in India?
10. Bhakt Tukaram was a contemporary of which Mughal emperor?
11. Who was called Zinda Pir (living saint) in Mughal India?
12. In which nomad man started settling?
Ans: Neolithic Age
13. Rigveda is divided into 10 books. Which books are the oldest?
Ans: Second and seventh
14. Who was the last of the 24th Jain Tirthankaras?
15. Which site, where Ashokan pillars exist, has the bull capital?
16. During which reign was Kalidasa lived?
Ans: Chandragupta II
17. Which Rashtrakuta ruler established a victory pillar in Rameshwaram?
Ans: Krishna III
18. Who was the last ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate?
19. The ruler which was not invited to join the confederacy to fight against Vijaynagar in the battle of Talikota?
20. Who was the Afghan ruler of India whose administrative system was emulated by the British?
Ans: Sher Shah Suri
21. Whose tomb is ‘Biwi Ka Maqbara’?
Ans: Aurangzeb’s wife
22. Who organised a Maratha confederacy against the English leading to the Third Anglo Maratha War?
Ans: The Peshwa
23. By whom was Shuddhi movement (conversion of non-Hindus to Hinduism) started?
Ans: Swami Dayanand Saraswati
24. “The best and bravest of the military leader of the rebels” about whom was this said by Sir Hugh Rose?
Ans: Rani of Jhansi
25. During India’s Freedom Struggle, which led to the first ‘All India Hartal’?
Ans: Protest against Rowlatt Act
26. In ancient India, at where was the earliest capital of Magadha kingdom?
27. Which Rajputa king defeated Muhammad Ghori for the first time?
Ans: Prithviraj III
28. Which region of India was ruled by Sultan Zainul Abidin?
29. Sirajuddaulah was defeated by Lord Clive in which battle?
30. Near the banks of which river excavations have brought to light that Indus Valley Civilization percolated to far south?
31. The Vindhyas belong to which class of mountains?
Ans: Block mountains
32. Maharashtrian Plateau is made up of which?
33. Which tributary of the Ganga System flows northwards?
34. Which river originates at Amarkantak?
35. Which are the leading states in the production of cotton in India?
Ans: Maharashtra and Gujarat
36. The term nishka, which meant an ornament in the Vedic period, was used in latertirnes, what did it denote?
Ans: A coin
37. Which are Tile earliest Buddhist literature that deal with the stories of the various birth of Buddha?
38. Which was the most important factor in transforming ancient Indian society into feudal society?
Ans: Practice of land grants
39. By whom was the ‘Shahnama’ written?
40. The Portuguese traveler, Nuniz visited Vijayanagar during the reign of which rular?
Ans: Achyuta Raya
41. Which Mughal Emperor gave land for the construction of the Golden Temple at Amritsar?
42. Under the leadership of which Guru did the Sikh become a political and military force?
Ans: Guru Gobind Singh
43. Which decisive battle was fought during the Third Carnatic War between the English and the French?
44. The ruler of which State was removed from power by the British on the protext of misgovernance?
45. What was the original name of Tansen, the most famous musician at the court of Akbar?
Ans: Ramtanu Pande
46. Which Indian ruler established embassies in foreign countries. on modern lines?
Ans: Tipu Sultan
47. When was the Indus Valley Civilization flourished?
Ans: During 2500-1750 B.C
48. What are the main channels of our knowledge about the Indus Valley Civilization?
Ans: A r c h a e o l o g i c a l excavations
49. What was the rate of land revenue as ‘given in the dharma shastras?
50. Which Gupta king is famous for his courageous stand against the Hunas?
Ans: Skanda Gupta
51. To which work is Devichandraguptam related?
Ans: Chandra Gupta II
52. Who is most famous for” the establishment of an elaborate system of municipal administration?
Ans: Chandragupta Maurya
53. By whom was the city of Agra founded in 1504?
Ans: Sikandar Lodi
54. Why did Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq transfer his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad?
Ans: To control South India better
55. During which reign was the East India Company founded in London?
56. Who was known as ‘Lady with Lamp’?
Ans: Florence Nightingale
57. Which Rajput dynasties did not surrender to Akbar?
58. Where was Shivaji crowned as an independent king?
59. Which saint name is associated with Shivaji?
Ans: Ram Das
60. By whom was Island of Bombay was given to the English Prince Charles II as dowry?
61. Which first Europeans came to India?
62. During which movement was ‘Mahatma’ added before Gandhiji’s name?
Ans: Champaran satyagraha
63. Who was impeached in England for his actions in India?
Ans: Warren Hastings
I hope this post will be useful for you and will be used for your exam preparation. If you like this PDF then share it with your friends on Facebook and WhatsApp.
I hope you have found complete information about the GK Questions With Answers In English in this article. If you would like to ask some more questions related to the GK Questions With Answers In English, you can ask by commenting. Here our team member will reply to you as soon as possible. For more information about GK Questions With Answers In English, visit our web page GovtJobCenter.In.