GK Questions For Class 4
GK Questions For Class 4: In this article, we have brought some GK Questions For Class 4 kids. We know that children should be made aware of general knowledge and ask questions from time to time. By doing this, as the children’s intelligence increases, curiosity about general knowledge is also created. Below are general knowledge questions based on various topics.
General knowledge questions make kids smarter and make them better for further education. Top 100 GK Questions for Class 4 Students are given.
General knowledge is an important part of every student’s life. Some important gk question class for 4th are mentioned below. GK questions will help you crack all competitive exams.
GK Questions for Class 4: In today’s article, there are some General Knowledge Questions that Class 4 kids should know. You all know that children’s minds are never in one place and their preferences about things are always changing, be it their sports toys or studies. In such a situation, the work of the parents increases, how to keep their children aware of the country and the world. So let’s make this problem a little easier for you and talk about some general knowledge questions that will be very useful for your kids.
Largest in India: GK Questions For Class 4
1. Which is the largest port in India?
2. Which is the largest lake in India?
Answer: Wular lake (Kashmir)
3. Which is the largest saline water lake in India?
Answer: Chilka lake (Orissa)
4. Which is largest man made lake in India?
Answer: Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar (Rihand dam)
5. Which is largest fresh water lake in India?
Answer:Kolleru lake (Andhra Pradesh)
6. Which is largest populated city in India?
7. Which is largest state of India?
8. Which is the state wise largest area under forest in India?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
9. Which is the largest delta in India?
Answer: Sunderbans delta
10. Which is largest river without delta in India?
Answer: Narmada and Japti
11.Which is the largest public sector bank in India?
Answer: State Bank of India
12. Which is the largest dome in India?
Answer: Gol Gumbaz at Bijapur
13. Which is the largest zoo in India?
Answer: Zoological Garden at Alipur (Kolkata)
14. Which is the largest museum in India?
Answer: India Museum at Kolkata
15. Which is the largest river island in India?
Answer: Majuli (Brahmaputra river ,Assam)
16. Which is the largest planetarium in India?
17. Which is the largest desert in India?
Answer: Thar desert (Rajasthan)
18. Which is the largest district in India?
19. Which is the largest area wise state in India?
20. Which is the largest populated state in India?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
21. Which is the largest cave in India?
Answer: Amarnath (Jammu and Kashmir)
22. Which is largest cave temple in India?
Answer: Kailash Temple, Ellora (Maharashtra)
23. Where is largest animal fair held in India?
Answer: Sonepur (Bihar)
24. Which is the largest auditorium in India?
Answer: Sri Shanmukhanand Hall (Mumbai)
25. Which is the largest Gurudwara in India?
Answer: Golden Temple (Amritsar)
26. Which is the largest Church in India?
Answer: Saint Cathadral (Goa)
27. Which is the language next to Hindi spoken by largest number
of people in the Indian sub continent ?
28. Which is the largest Mosque in India?
Answer: Jama Masjid
Indian Awards for Games, 2011: GK Questions For Class 4th
1. Who got Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (highest sports award in country) award?
Answer: Gagan Narang (shooter)
2. Who got Dronacharya Award in 2011?
Answer: Kuntal Kumar Roy (athletics), I. Venkateshwara Rao(boxing), Devender Kumar Rathore (gymnastic), Rajinder Singh (hockey), Ramphal (wrestling).
3. Who got Arjuna Award in 2011?
Answer: Rahul Banerjee (archery ), Preeja Sreedharan (athletics), Vikas Gowda (athletics), Jwala Gutta(badminton), Suranjoy Singh(boxing), Zaheer Khan (cricket), SunilChhetri (football), Ashish Kumar (gymnastics), Rajpal Singh (hockey), Rakesh Kumar (kabaddi), Tejeswini Bai(kabaddi), Tejaswini Sawant (shooting), Vikram Khade (swimming), Somdev Devvarman(tennis), Sanjay Kumar(volleyball), Ravinder Singh(wrestling), K.Ravi Kumar(weightlifting),Sandhyarani Devi (wushu), Prasanta Karmakar(physically challenged swimmer).
4. Who got Dhyan Chand Award in 2011?
Answer: Shabbir Ali (football), Sushil Kohli(swimming), Raj Kumar
5. Who got Dhyan Chand Award in 2011?
Answer: Shabbir Ali (football), Sushil Kohli(swimming), Raj Kumar (wrestling).
6. Who got Tenzing Norgay Adventure Award in 2011?
Answer: Reena Dharamshaktu(mountaineering), Mamta Sodha (mountaineering), Dilip Donde (sailing), Late Balwant Singh Sandhu(mountaineering).
7. Who got Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar in 2011?
Answer: Petroleum Sports Promotion Board and N.Ramachandran (Sports Academies of Excellence).
Important Dates & Days of India: GK Questions For Class 4th
1. When is India’s National Youth Day celebrated?
Answer: 12th January
2. When is India’s Army Day celebrated?
Answer: 15th January
3. When is India’s Republic Day celebrated?
Answer: 26th January
4. When is Martyr’s Day in India celebrated?
Answer: 30th January
5. Which day in India celebrated as Central Excise Day?
Answer: 24th February
6. When is National Science Day celebrated in India?
Answer: 28th February
7. Which day is celebrated as National Maritime Day in India?
Answer: 5th April
8. When in India National Technology Day celebrated?
Answer: 11th May
9. On which date Quit India Day comes?
Answer: 9th August
10. Which day is celebrated as Independence Day of India?
Answer: 15th August
11. When is Sadbhavna Diwas (Goodwill Day) observed in India?
Answer: 20 August (Late Prime minister Rajiv Gandhi’s birth
12. When comes National Sports Day of India?
Answer: 29th August
13. When in India Teachers Day celebrated?
Answer: 5th September
14. Which day is observed as Sanskrit Day in India?
Answer: 5th September
15. Indian Air Force Day is observed on which day?
Answer: 8th October
16. When comes National Postal Day in India?
Answer: 10th October
17. Which day in India is celebrated as Children’s Day?
Answer: 14th November
18. Which day in India is observed as Minorities Rights Day?
Answer: 18th December
19. When comes the Farmer’s Day (Kisan Divas) in India?
Answer: 23rd December
General Awareness India: GK Questions For Class 4th
1. Which age group children in India are ensured free and compulsory education?
Answer: 6-14 years
2. What are GM Crops?
Answer: Genetically Modified Crops.
3. Where is head office of the State Bank of India located?
4. What is the upper house of parliament known as?
Answer: The Rajya Sabha
5. Kathakali a folk dance is prevalent in which state?
6. Who composed the national song of India (Vande Maatram)?
Answer: Bankim Chandra Chatterji
7. On which era is the Indian National Calender based?
Answer: Saka era
8. Which country was under the grip of a severe earthquake followed by tsunami recently?
9. What is the designation of the chairperson of Lok Sabha?
10. While playing with which team Rahul Dravid completed his 10,000 runs in the Test cricket?
Answer: South Africa
11. Which game is associated with Agha Khan Cup?
12. Where is Union Budget presented firstly?
Answer: The Lok Sabha
13. Which is the India’s largest public sector commercial bank at present?
Answer: State Bank of India
14. What is the ratio of width of our National flag to its length?
15. Who painted the masterpiece “Hamsa Damayanti”?
Answer: Raja Ravi Varma
16. In India, who issues one rupee coins and notes as well as subsidiary coins?
Answer: The Reserve Bank of India
17. How is population density in India defined?
Answer: The number of persons per square kilometre.
18. When was Sangeet Natak Akademi set up by Government of India?
19. Which musical instrument is said to be invented by Amir Khusro?
20. Where is Boat Race a popular sport?
21. The Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu 155 deity?
22. In which state is Ganesh Otsav celebrated?
23. From where are the words “Satyameva Jayate” (inscribed below the base plate of the emblem of India) taken?
Answer: Mundak Upanishad
24. What are the bank deposits that can be withdrawn without notice called?
Answer: Demand deposits
25. What is the practice of selling goods in a foreign country at a price below their domestic selling price is called?
27. Who propounded the Market Law?
28. Triple vaccine is administered to a new born child to save him from which diseases?
Answer: Whooping cough, tetanus and diphtheria.
29. Which country has an Unwritten Constitution?
30. The World famous ‘Peacock Throne’ was kept in which Mughal building?
Answer: New Agra Fort
31. Where is the birth place of Guru Nanak Ji?
32. Motilal Nehru and Chittaranjan Das were the founder members of which party?
Answer: Swarajya Party
33. From which mines was the famous Kohinoor diamond produced?
34. Who was the first speaker of Independent India’s Lok Sabha?
Answer: G.V. Mavalankar
35. Who presented the first Union Budget of Independent India?
Answer: R.K. Shanmukham Chetty (1947)
Famous Personalities, India & International: GK For Class 4
1. Which child artist got Critics Best Actor Award for his acting in a film Taare Zameen Par?
Answer: Darsheel Safary
2. Who is the person of Indian origin nominated as the Governor of Louisiana, an American state?
Answer: Bobby Jindal
3. Who is the elected Prime Minister of Pakistan from Pakistan People’s Party?
Answer: Yousuf Raza Gillani
4. Late Vijay Tendulkar who died in 2008 were famous in which field?
5. Who is generally regardedas the pioneer of Local Self Government in Modern India?
6. Who is known as founder of Mohemmadan Anglo-Oriental college at Aligarh?
Answer: Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
7. Who was the first recipient of Nehru Award for International Understanding?
Answer: Martin Luther King
8. Who is known as ‘Lady with the Lamp’?
Answer: Florence Nightingale
9. Who is the renowned flute player?
Answer: Hari Prasad Chaurasia
10. With which musical instrument was Ustad Mustaq Ali Khan associated?
11. Who was the first woman to go in space?
Answer: Valentina Tereshkova
12. Late Girilal Jain was a noted figure in which field?
13. In which field Aachan Maharaj has distinguished himself?
14. Begum Akhtar is associated with which field?
Answer: Vocal Music
15. Satyan Bose is known for his excellence in which field?
Answer: Motion Picture
16. For which dance Birju Maharaj is well known?
17. Who headed the committee on computerisation in Indian banks(1988)?
Answer: M. Narasimhan
18. Vocalist Rahamat Khan belongs to which Gharana?
Answer: Gwalior Gharana
19. With which field M.F. Hussian were associated?
20. Who was first Indian woman to become president of U.N. General Assembly?
Answer: Late Smt. Vijayalaxmi Pandit
21. In which field the name of Gangubai Hangal associated?
22. Name one famous Sarod player?
Answer: Amjad Ali Khan
23. Who is known as Nightingale of India?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
24. Which was the musical instrument used by Amir Khusro?
25. Who was the first lady to become judge of the Supreme Court?
Answer: Meera Sahib Fathima Beevi
26. Who is known as Father of Geometry?
27. Who was the first person to set foot on moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
28. Who is the creator of Rock Garden in Chandigarh?
Answer: Nek Chand
29. Who is called the Flying Sikh of India?
Answer: Milkha Singh
30. Who inspired Green Revolution in India?
Answer: N.E. Borlaug
31. Who is the man popularly kwown as Gurudev?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
See This –
I hope you have found complete information about the gk questions for 4th class in this article. If you would like to ask some more questions related to the gk questions with answers for class 4, you can ask by commenting. Here our team member will reply to you as soon as possible. For more information about gk questions for class 4 with the answers, visit our web page GovtJobCenter.In.